Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon

Name: Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon 2008
Variety: 80% Chardonnay 20% Semillon 
Region: South Australia 
Country: Australia
Year: 2008
Price: $5.95

Winemaker's notes: 
Gotham’s 2008 Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay Semillon is a blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Semillon. It gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot and butterscotch aromas. The medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium-long finish.

My Review: It was the second wine I tasted at Vintage Cellar. This wine I wasn't sure about. I didn't like it nor did I hate it. I didn't enjoy the smell of it. It smelled like dye. The taste at first was bitter. The after taste was very smooth like silk. I wouldn't drink this wine again. 

I tasted on it own with out food.

No comments:

Post a Comment