Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tasting - Francis Ford Coppola Director's Sonoma County Merlot


Name: Francis Ford Coppola Director's Sonoma County Merlot
Variety: Merlot
Region: Sonoma County California
Country: U.S.
Year: 2007
Price: $7.95

Winemaker's notes: Our Francis Ford Coppola Director's Merlot is a rich, ripe and expressive wine due to its powerful fruit character. It displays a soft, velvety texture and succulent flavors of plum, blueberries, cocoa and spice. A perfect accompaniment to barbecued chicken pizza, pot roast, or a spinach salad with mustard vinaigrette. WineChateau.com


My Review: I bought this wine beginning of the semester drank it had the review done but never got the chance to post because I've been going to the wine tastings. Now this was a very good wine. I enjoyed this one a lot. It smelled fruity and smelled a little like alcohol. The taste was good it had a cherry and plum taste. It was not too sweet and just right. It also had a buttery after taste. I was lucky to have bought this wine for just $7.95.

I had this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment