Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tasting - Cellar No. 8 Pinot Noir


Name: Cellar No. 8 Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $8.99

Winemaker's notes: A stylish Pinot Noir with jammy and earthy notes and hints of spice on the nose. These fruit-driven flavors carry over onto the palate and are balanced by structured tannins. The palate offers juicy strawberry jam flavors with a dash of nutmeg spice. Lush and complex on the palate, this Pinot Noir has guts yet a silky finish.

My Review: This was the first time I tried 100% Pinot Noir. I bought this when I was at school and was okay. It smelled very fruity. Tasted buttery with an alcohol taste. Also could taste the nutmeg spice and was a little bitter. Currently I really like Merlot and I think I need to drink more wine to really like Pinot Noir. .

I had this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment